Rules & Cover
P&I stands for Protection and Indemnity. P&I is insurance in respect of third party liabilities and expenses arising from owning ships or operating ships as principals. The risks typically covered by P&I Clubs are described in more detail under Insurance Cover.
- Personal injury to or illness or loss of life of crew members
- Personal injury to or loss of life of stevedores
- Personal injury to or illness or loss of life of passengers and others
- Loss of personal effects
- Diversion expenses
- Life salvage
- Collision liabilities
- Loss or damage to property other than cargo
- Towage contract liabilities
- Liabilities under contracts and indemnities
- Wreck liabilities
Rules & Bye-Laws 2012
The UK Club cover is comprehensively described in its Rule Book. A contents page at the front of the book includes links to all the listed rules, click on the rule to jump to the correct page.