909 - 09/13 - Local Claims Review - Russia/Ukraine
CIS PandI Services, one of the UK Club’s Russian and Ukrainian Correspondents has released their annual P&I review, covering a number of issues raised and of concern.
There are three reviews, each covering a different area of CIS coverage – Russian Black Sea Coast, Russian Far East and Ukraine.
The reviews contain articles and reports from CIS cases on the following areas:
Russian Black Sea Coast:
1. Bunkering of vessels transiting Russian ports.
2. Handling of claims occurred in inland waterways of Russian Federation and at peripheral ports of a Russian Black Sea coast.
3. Hydraulic Impact claims.
4. Aspects of safety of carriage of finished steel from China via port of Novorossiysk (import cargo).
Russian Far East:
1. Personal cancer related disability compensation.
2. Charter disputes
3. “Educating” inexperienced parties.
4. Container storage and demurrage disputes
- Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (MLC 2006) entered into legal force: new International requirements and Ukrainian national regulations
- Customs fine for mis-declaration of bunker onboard of the ships calling at Ukrainian ports.
- Personal injury warning: local developments and crew claims settlement.
- Cargo operations on the anchorage at Ukrainian ports
The articles cover a wide range of topics which Members may find of us if their vessels are trading in these areas.
Source of information:
CIS PandI Services Ltd
Legal, navigational and environmental resources, news and updates on the development of polar shipping. Read more
US VRP Compliance
With effect from 30th January 2014 non-tank as well as tankships calling at US ports will be required to submit VRPs. For Club and other resources to assist in compliance click here
International Environmental compliance
Environmental Compliance resource page collates material in respect of International environmental compliance issues affecting our Members. Information from the Club, Loss Prevention and external resources has been collated in one place for ease of reference.
The Maritime Labour Convention enters into force in August 2013 - resources, news & advice on implementation can be found in this dedicated section. READ MORE
Essential precautions and preparation against piracy, as well as additional information and resources, loss prevention advisories and useful external web links