Captain Leslie Hesketh
Les joined Thomas Miller as a ship Inspector from the P&O group where he was a Marine Superintendent.
Prior to that he was with the P&O Group from Cadet to Superintendent.
Les has sailed as a Master with the P&O Group for over 12 years.
As a marine lead auditor with P&O he was part of a team responsible for introducing audit and safety training across the P&O Bulk fleet.
- Joined Thomas Miller in Feb 2001
- Professional Qualification: Master Mariner Foreign Going.
- Qualified Lead Assessor for ISO 9000
- Qualified Lead Auditor for the ISM Code
- Elected Fellow of the Nautical Institute
- Extensive experience in a wide range of ships including reefers, general cargo,chemical,LPG tankers,
- OBO's, dry bulk and container ships.
- Risk analysis onboard ship
He made a significant contribution to a number of Nautical Institute publications.
- Watchkeeping in port
- Both editions of " Bulk Carrier Practice," - which is considered essential reading for all bulk carrier operators.