- Insurance Cover
- Knowledge & Publications
- Loss Prevention
- About Us
Events & gatherings
The Club regularly organises events for our Members and the wider shipping community. Social events are regularly hosted by the Club across all its regions ensuring communication and understanding between staff, Members and other industry partners such as insurance brokers, lawyers, government and local agencies.
The Club's Loss Prevention department are also proactive in arranging and attending crew seminars for Club Members. The Club welcomes participating in Members crew seminars as it gives the Loss prevention team a valuable opportunity to exchange information and thoughts with the ships crew in a relaxed setting and thus insight into the current difficulties being faced by the ships staff and then identify future developing problems. If Members would like the Club to participate in their crew seminars, please get in touch with your usual Club contact or the Loss prevention department.
Loss Prevention & Crew Health Seminars
On 20th April, 2017, a group from our New Jersey office joined several from Harley Marine for a trip around New York Harbor on the Marine Tug Boat the 'HMS Justice.'
On 25th April, our claims executives Lisa Clarke, George Huxley, Alexander Geoehegan and Ben Johnson had the opportunity to visit the South Shields Marine School bridge simulation suite to test out their navigational skills.
Senior Loss Prevention Advisor Anuj Velankar and Senior Risk Assessor Chris Roberts are at the second Asian Maritime Casualty forum on 27th & 28th April 2017.
On Sat 22nd April RASI II took place on the water linking Sentosa to Singapore. The event saw six teams compete for the Thomas Miller Trophy in order to raise funds for Mission to Seafarers.
Senior Loss Prevention Advisor Captain Anuj Velankar recently represented the UK P&I Club at seminars held on the 8th and 10th of February in Mumbai and Chennai.
The UK P&I Club was glad to be given to opportunity to take part in the latest Wellness at Sea Conference that took place in Singapore on 17th Jan 2017. The conference organised by the Sailors society was held to raise awareness of the “Wellness at sea”
Pre 2017 Events
- Hamburg Reception- Wednesday 30th November
- PEME 20th Anniversary dinner Mumbai
- Press Release: Thomas Miller US charity golf day raises over $115,00
- Bodily Injury Seminar 2016
- Insight Course- Asia
- Safe Cargo Work Promotion Committee (SCWPC)
- Safety of Mooring Operations- Seminar
- Posidonia – keeps getting bigger
- Inauguration of CPI Management Co. Ltd in Shanghai
- TMA Annual Seminar 2016
- Young Maritime Professionals Seminar
- Karl Lumbers' retirement party -2nd July 2015
- Suisse-Atlantique Loss Prevention Seminar, Rijeka, 11 June 2015.
- The UK Club seminar-Turkey
- Turkish Oceangoing Masters Association Dinner
- UK Club at IMLI
- UK Club Reception in Seoul - 3rd December
- Press Release: UK P&I Club launches self-assessment scheme for Members
- Self-Assessment Scheme Q&A
- Broker Evening- Happy Valley horse racing
- UK Club Reception- Japan
- Eco Issues and The P&I Club
- Bodily Injury news Seminar - 18th September 2014
- 2014 -the most successful Posidonia ever!
- UK Club receptions held in Singapore and Hong Kong
- UK Club hosts Dubai Seminar
- 16th Annual Insight Course
- Risk Management Seminars in China
- CMA Conference 2013
- The UK P&I Club and its partnership with the Brazilian shipping community
- FESCO anniversary presentation - Celebrating 130 years
- Another successful Insight
- Safety at Sea Awards 2012
- Posidonia Open Day: Thursday 7th June 12:00 - 18:00