Senior Claims Director
T: +44 20 7204 2946
M: +44 7776 680 688
Tom is a Senior Claims Director within the EMEA 1 syndicate. He is a solicitor and Master Mariner who handles a variety of P&I claims and also Defence matters.
Before joining Thomas Miller, Tom spent 8 years with two major international law firms as a shipping lawyer, where he specialised in litigation arising out of marine casualties such as collisions, salvage, unsafe ports, fire and explosions and cargo damage claims, as well as the connected "dry" contractual disputes under charterparties, vessel sharing agreements and bills of lading. He handled cases from the initial casualty investigation through to proceeding in court or arbitration. Prior to that, Tom spent 4 years as a marine superintendent and 10 years at sea as a Deck Officer.
- 8 years in private practice handling a variety of shipping, admiralty, casualty, connected contractual disputes and related proceedings
- 4 years as a Marine Superintendent in London as part of team managing 60 vessels worldwide
- 10 years at sea as a Deck Officer operating worldwide, qualified as a Master Mariner and sailed as Chief Officer
- Holds a Master's degree in law and an M.Sc. in Maritime Operations
- Solicitor and Master Mariner
- Marine casualties, and the connected contractual claims, including collisions, salvage, fire and explosions, unsafe ports, piracy, seaworthiness issues, cargo loss and damage, bunker claims, FFO damage and general average