Jeff joined Thomas Miller in December 2011 having spent 11 years working as a solicitor with a major London maritime law firm. As well as being a qualified solicitor, Jeff has 18 years seagoing experience on a wide range of ship types, predominantly oil and petrochemical tankers. He has been a Senior Claims Director since January 2013, but was appointed Global Technical Claims Director in 2017.
Jeff represents the UK Club on International Group (IG) sub-committees for Salvage & Wreck Removal and Pilotage.
- Education: Master Mariner’s Certificate; Maritime Studies (BSc Hons 1st) -Liverpool John Moores University; Post Graduate Diploma in Law - Nottingham University
- Seagoing experience from navigating cadet to master mariner (1973 to 1991)
- Nautical Advisor, Lloyds Register Safety Technology Department (1991 to 1993)
- Private practice maritime lawyer (1993 to 2011)
- Joined Thomas Miller in 2011
- Long seagoing experience on oil and chemical tankers, bulk carriers and anchor handling vessels.
- Has handled and investigated a large number of significant maritime casualties with particular experience in salvage and collision cases.