Senior Claims Director
Tony has specialised in handling people related claims and enquiries within the P&I environment since 1989. He joined Thomas Miller in April 2004 and was promoted to the role of Senior Claims Director in 2011.
Tony has gained a significant understanding and knowledge in this specialised and increasingly complex area, handling a wide variety of people related claims and enquiries, including contract review work, whilst he also attends and has presented at various industry conferences and seminars. In particular, Tony works closely with our Members in Japan, Greece, Croatia, Scandinavia and UK.
He represents the Club on the International Group Personal Injury Sub-Committee (IGPISC), having first joined this Sub-Committee in 1999, when working for another London based P&I Club.
Tony has also gained significant knowledge and understanding of the Philippine legal system and the handling of Philippine crew claims, and has been the Chairman of the IGPISC’s Philippine Working Group, since its formation in October 2007, and acts as the main conduit between our correspondents; the Manning Industry; Employers’ Representative Bodies; and the IGPISC. He has regularly travelled to the Philippines since 2008, on behalf of the Club and International Group. Tony is also a member of the IGPISC’s Contracts Working Group.
- Has worked in P&I since 1989.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 2004, from another London based P&I Club.
- Represents the Club on the International Group Personal Injury Sub-Committee, having first sat on this Sub-committee in 1999, whilst working for another London based P&I Club.
- Joined the Senior Claims Directors’ Team in 2011
- More than 25 years’ experience handling people related claims & enquiries.
- Experienced in the handling of Philippine crew claims, with a significant understanding of Philippine Law and the Philippine legal system.
- Chairman of the IGPISC’s Philippine Working Group & regularly travels to Manila, Philippines.
- Experienced in contract review work, sitting on the Club’s Contract Review Team and is a member of the IGPISC’s Contracts Working Group.