Quarterly Legal Review
The UK P&I Quarterly Legal Updates (QLUs) aims to provide Members with summaries and discussions of legal cases which are of interest from a P&I perspective.
Links to the UK Defence Club’s Soundings are also provided for additional case summaries.
If Members have any questions on any of the cases discussed, please do not hesitate to contact your usual contact at the Club.
Issue 1: Spring 2017
- QLU Spring 2017: 英国控訴院判例 ヘーグルールを摂取した至上約款の解釈について
- QLU Spring 2017:英国商事裁判所判例 ヘーグルールのパッケージ・リミテーションはばら積み貨物には適用されない
- QLU Spring 2017：英国控訴院判例 ヘーグ(又はヘーグヴィスビー)ルール第IV条規則2 (a)-(p) により運送人は自己に過失がないことを証明する必要はない
- QLU Spring 2017：補償状による貨物の引渡しに係るリスクについて(1)
- QLU Spring 2017：補償状による貨物の引渡しに係るリスクについて(2)
- QLU Spring 2017: Two cases providing guidance on the operation of the InterClub Agreement.
- QLU Spring 2017: Rule F of the 1974 York Antwerp Rules
- QLU Spring 2017: The Court of Appeal considers whether an English jurisdiction clause in bills of lading was an exclusive jurisdiction clause.
- QLU Spring 2017: Interpreting commercial contracts and excluding consequential losses.
- QLU Spring 2017: Is my deterrent clause enforceable?
- QLU Spring 2017: Gilding the lily: will a collateral lie invalidate an insurance claim?
Karolina Bieganska - Thomas Miller Law
Karolina is a shipping litigation solicitor at Thomas Miller Law. She practises in all classes of shipping work, particularly P&I and FD&D. She is an experienced deck cadet and navigating officer who has served on a variety of cargo and passenger ships worldwide. Karolina qualified as a Merchant Navy Deck Officer of the Watch Unlimited. She speaks fluent Polish and basic German.
Office: +44 (0) 1752 226020
Jacqueline Tan - Senior Claims Executive
Jacqueline is a qualified Barrister and Solicitor. She handles FDD and P&I cases. Jacqueline speaks French, Hokkien and Malay. She is also a member of the Club’s Legal and Environmental team which seeks to inform and update the Club’s Members on legal developments, changes to international conventions and their implications.
T: +44 (0) 20 7204 2118
M: +44 (0) 7917 265966