The Association has been recently advised of the outcome of the INTERCARGO meeting further to IMO’s MEPC 70 meeting held on 24-28 October 2016.
Upon the conclusion of the IMO’s meeting of the Marine Environment Protection Committee (MEPC), INTERCARGO has issued the following brief for Member’s attention.
The areas covered are listed as below. However, Member’s should be particularly aware that as per MARPOL Annex VI Regulation 14.1.3 the sulphur content of any fuel used aboard ships shall not exceed 0.5% with 0.1% in SECAs on or after 01 January 2020.
Areas covered by the brief are:
• GHG (Green House Gas Emissions from ships)
• BWM (Ballast Water Management)
• Air Pollution and Energy Efficiency
• Consideration of EEDI Reduction Rates and Dates
• Fuel Oil Availability
• Data Collection
• Minimum Power
• Consideration and Adoption of Amendments to Mandatory Instruments
• Draft amendments to MARPOL Annex V
Source of Information