Press Release: UKクラブ、接触性皮膚炎についてのcrew health adviceを発表
UK P&I クラブのクルーヘルス・ダイレクターであるSophia Bullardが、接触性皮膚炎の症状、治療および予防方法についてご説明いたします。
Sophia Bullard, Crew Health Director at UK P&I Club, discusses contact dermatitis, its symptoms as well as its treatment and prevention:
“Contact dermatitis is a type of eczema caused by the skin coming into contact with a particular substance, triggering an allergic or irritant reaction. When symptoms do occur, they can develop within minutes to hours of exposure and can include the following:
- Red rash and itching (which may be severe)
- Dry cracked scaly skin
- Bumps and blisters – sometimes with oozing and crusting
- Swelling, burning or tenderness
Types of contact dermatitis
“There are two types of contact dermatitis, irritant and allergic.
- Irritant contact dermatitis – the most common type and causes inflammation from exposure to a substance that directly damages the outer layer of skin. Rashes tend to come on quickly in response to irritating substance. Common irritants are soaps, bleach and detergents, solvents and regular contact with water.
- Allergic contact dermatitis – occurs when in contact with a substance, which causes your skin to react. It affects the area which came into contact with the allergen and can sometimes take several dates after exposure for the rash to develop. Common allergens include metals (like nickel), cosmetic products, chemicals or paint products, fragrances and preservatives. It can also be triggered by fluids entering the body such as via foods, flavourings and medicines.
Prevention and treatment
“The best way to prevent contact dermatitis is to avoid contact with the allergens or irritants. Once identified, symptoms can improve and may even clear up.
“Wearing protective clothing, gloves, face masks, goggles, or other protective items can shield skin from irritating substances, while application of barrier cream or gel can provide a protective layer for your skin.
“Washing your skin or using mild fragrance-free soap after coming into contact can remove the allergic substance, and regular application of moisturising lotions can help restore the skin’s outermost layer and keep skin supple.
“If these treatments do not work, medical advice can be sought out, including the use of emollients to stop the skin from becoming dry, corticosteroids to help reduce inflammation, antihistamines to relieve itching, and antibiotics to fight a bacterial infection.”
For the full advice on contact dermatitis, please visit: https://www.ukpandi.com/news-and-resources/crew-health/crew-health-advice-contact-dermatitis/
For further details, please contact:
Jonathan Atkins/ Alastair Doyle/Michelle Hoh
UKP&I@fourcommunications.com / +44 (0) 20 3697 4200
Notes to Editors
The UK P&I Club is a leading provider of P&I insurance and other services to the international shipping community. Established in 1869 the UK P&I Club insures over 244 million tonnes of owned and chartered shipping through its international offices and claims network. ‘A (Stable)’ rated by Standard & Poor’s with free reserves of $505m, the UK P&I Club is renowned for its specialist skills and expertise which ensure ‘best in class’ underwriting, claims handling and loss prevention services.
The UK P&I Club is managed by Thomas Miller, an independent and international insurance, professional and investment services provider.
About Thomas Miller
Thomas Miller is an international provider of market leading insurance services.
Founded in 1885, Thomas Miller’s origins are in the provision of management services to mutual organisations, particularly in the international transport and professional indemnity sectors; where today they manage a large percentage of the foremost insurance mutuals. Increasingly Thomas Miller applies its knowledge and expertise to the development of specialist businesses.
Principal activities include:
Management services for transport and professional indemnity insurance mutuals
Managing general agency
Professional services including legal services, claims and captive management
Crew Health Programme Director
You may also be interested in:
当クラブは、この度新たなChief Underwriting Officer(CUO)としてWilliam Beveridgeを選任いたしました。
Press Release: UK P&Iクラブ 2022年度リニューアルのご報告
トーマス・ミラー アメリカは、Meaghan Argentieriをニュージャージー・オフィスのシニアクレームエグゼクティブとして新たに選任しました。