- Insurance Cover
- Knowledge & Publications
- Loss Prevention
- About Us
909 - 09/13 - Local Claims Review - Russia/Ukraine
CIS PandI Services, one of the UK Club’s Russian and Ukrainian Correspondents has released their annual P&I review, covering a number of issues raised and of concern.
There are three reviews, each covering a different area of CIS coverage – Russian Black Sea Coast, Russian Far East and Ukraine.
The reviews contain articles and reports from CIS cases on the following areas:
Russian Black Sea Coast:
1. Bunkering of vessels transiting Russian ports.
2. Handling of claims occurred in inland waterways of Russian Federation and at peripheral ports of a Russian Black Sea coast.
3. Hydraulic Impact claims.
4. Aspects of safety of carriage of finished steel from China via port of Novorossiysk (import cargo).
Russian Far East:
1. Personal cancer related disability compensation.
2. Charter disputes
3. “Educating” inexperienced parties.
4. Container storage and demurrage disputes
- Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 (MLC 2006) entered into legal force: new International requirements and Ukrainian national regulations
- Customs fine for mis-declaration of bunker onboard of the ships calling at Ukrainian ports.
- Personal injury warning: local developments and crew claims settlement.
- Cargo operations on the anchorage at Ukrainian ports
The articles cover a wide range of topics which Members may find of us if their vessels are trading in these areas.
Source of information:
CIS PandI Services Ltd