Flag State Summary - Cook Islands
Maritime Cook Islands
PO Box 882
Phone: +682 23 848
Facsimile: +682 23 846
Website :http://www.maritimecookislands.com/bunker-insurance.phpCertification procedure
Cook Islands will issue Bunker Certificates to vessels that comply with Article 7 of the International Convention on Civil Liability for Bunker Oil Pollution, 2001 (Bunkers Convention) which enters into force on 21 November 2008, even if they are registered in another jurisdiction.
Panamanian Registered Ships pleaseclick here
for instructions on how to apply for a Bunkers Certificate.
- The application fee for a Bunker Certificate from Cook Islands is USD 250 per ship.
- Delivery of certificates by Registered Mail is Free.
- Delivery by DHL Courier is USD 100 per application.
- Payment can be made online by credit card or by telegraphic transfer.
- Before applying, arrange insurance with your P&I Club or insurance company.
- Make sure your P&I Club/Insurance company addresses the Blue Card to: Maritime Cook Islands, P.O. Box 882, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Cook Islands will accept up to 20 ships per online application. (If you have more than 20 ships you will need to complete another application).
- Enter the Name, Address, Phone Number and Email Address of the applicant.
- Enter the following information for each ship enter:
- Name of Ship
- Name of Registered Owner
- IMO number
- Call Sign
- Gross Tonnage
- Flag State
- Port of Registry
- Approved P&I Club or Insurer Click here for a list.
- Once the Information for each ship has been entered, proceed to the payment options. An invoice will be generated for the total amount to be paid in USD. Print the invoice if required.
- Choose to pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) or by telegraphic transfer. An email will be sent confirming approval of credit card payment or instructing procedure for telegraphic transfer payments. A duplicate copy of the invoice in PDF format will be attached.
- Reply to the confirmation email, attaching the Blue Cards for all ships in the application Maritime Cook Islands will check the Blue Card(s) against the application form and check the P&I Club ship search facility to confirm validity. If everything matches, MCI will generate the certificate(s).
The Bunkers Certificate(s) will be sent to the address entered in the application by Registered Mail or Courier, as specified.Last Updated 19th January 2009
You may also be interested in:
No Suit for You: U.S. Eleventh Circuit Prohibits Contribution Claims Against the U.S. Government for Oil Spill Cleanup Costs
Savage Servs. Corp. v. United States, Slip Op. No. 21-10745 (11th Cir. Feb. 8, 2022).
China - Pilot programme opening up coastal carriage to vessels of foreign Container Lines
The UK Club's correspondents, Huatai Marine, report on an announcement by the country's Ministry of Transport on 13.12.2021 regarding a pilot programme to partially open up China's coastal trade.
Join us as we discuss specialist cover for wind farm installations and support vessels, and the risks involved in carrying out these operations, Wednesday, May 11th 8:30am California (PDT) | 11:30am New Jersey (EDT) | 16:30 London (BST)
QCR Winter 2021: The BIG FISH - duty to make full and frank disclosure of all material facts in Singapore arrest proceedings
The decision in "BIG FISH"  SGHCR 7 sets out the principles governing the duty of full and frank disclosure for a party applying for a warrant of arrest in Singapore, and in particular, considers whether it is necessary to disclose a potential time bar defence.