Zika Virus – Staying Safe
KVH Videotel have launched free Zika Virus training materials for seafarers. The workbook and accompanying short video provide useful tips on how best to avoid contracting Zika Virus and is specifically aimed at mariners.“Zika Virus – Staying Safe” is designed to provide shipowners, managers and crew with a greater understanding of:
- the nature of the disease: its symptoms, how it is treated, and how it spreads
- how to avoid becoming infected
- what to do if someone develops symptoms
- the importance of keeping oneself and others safe from infection
- the role of a pest management plan to avoid passive transportation of virus-infected mosquitoes on ships
A copy of the workbook is available on the Club website. To access further free resources visit http://landing.kvh.com/zikasafety
You may also be interested in:
The UK P&I Club recently held the 16th in our series of Live Webinars, this time in collaboration with the Mission to Seafarers which focussed on Crew Health matters and in particular mental wellbeing.
ICS publishes COVID-19 Legal, Liability and Insurance Issues arising from Vaccination of Seafarers
This Guidance addresses legal, liability and insurance issues that could potentially arise for shipowners from or in connection with vaccinations of crew for coronavirus (COVID-19).
The International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) has recently published Coronavirus (COVID-19): Roadmap for Vaccination of International Seafarers setting out procedures for all stakeholders to facilitate crew inoculation during the pandemic.