Zika Virus – Staying Safe
KVH Videotel have launched free Zika Virus training materials for seafarers. The workbook and accompanying short video provide useful tips on how best to avoid contracting Zika Virus and is specifically aimed at mariners.“Zika Virus – Staying Safe” is designed to provide shipowners, managers and crew with a greater understanding of:
- the nature of the disease: its symptoms, how it is treated, and how it spreads
- how to avoid becoming infected
- what to do if someone develops symptoms
- the importance of keeping oneself and others safe from infection
- the role of a pest management plan to avoid passive transportation of virus-infected mosquitoes on ships
Source UK P&I
You may also be interested in:
UK Club Correspondent Huatai Marine have issued a new Circular outlining the stricter epidemic control on boarding personnel at the port of Guangzhou.
Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency (KDCA) has announcement new regulation for vessels calling at Korean Ports to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Since early 2019, vessels calling in Dakar have been at an increased risk of Customs fines and/or detention for cargo shortages or overloading.