Thomas Miller Claims Management
(TMCM) provides claims, casualty and risk management solutions. TMCM can offer claims handling resource dedicated to marine, transport & logistics sectors.
TMCM could support a strategy to reduce premium through increased deductibles, by providing efficient claims handling services for below deductible claims.
- Fits seamlessly into retained layer, reporting to client and all Clubs as required
- Competent to settle matters within delegated authority
- Offers per-file, per-hour, bulk and tailored fees to suit volume/complexity
- Can work in own name or as “white label” service using client systems
- Can hold, disburse and manage client funds, reporting as required
Thomas Miller Law
TM Law is a full-service marine and transport firm, offering ship owners, charterers, logistics operators and insurers a wealth of proven expertise, with a modern, efficient cost model.
- All P&I, FD&D, H&M and non-contentious marine work
- Entirely independent but can align services to Club and Member needs
- Can also be integrated into TMCM claims service and fee structure under delegated authority
You may also be interested in:
FAQ - Hold Preparation and Cleaning
Hold preparation is probably the most vital part of bulk carrier operations; if it is not undertaken properly, it can result in substantial cargo claims, delays, additional cleaning, survey costs and expensive off-hire disputes.
Lessons Learnt: Fall in Cargo Hold
In this lessons learnt video the crew were instructed to clean the vessel's cargo holds in preparation for the next cargo, during the procedure a seaman on top of the staging fell down suffering serious injuries.
A Solution to Pollution
An oil spill is an ‘all hands-on deck!’ moment, inviting everyone from insurers, charterers, owners, the U.S. Coast Guard, local and state authorities, property, and ecological interests, and more to get involved. Tying all these parties together is the Oil Pollution Act of 1990 (‘OPA’).
Circular 05/23: Russian Oil Price Cap update: Reporting requirements, Evasion alert and Russian origin bunkers
On 4 December 2022, the UK Government issued General Licence INT/2022/2469656 (“GL”) to implement the EU/G7 price cap in respect of Russian origin crude oil, which was amended on 3 February 2023 to implement the separate price cap in respect of petroleum products.