Thomas Miller Claims Management
(TMCM) provides claims, casualty and risk management solutions. TMCM can offer claims handling resource dedicated to marine, transport & logistics sectors.
TMCM could support a strategy to reduce premium through increased deductibles, by providing efficient claims handling services for below deductible claims.
- Fits seamlessly into retained layer, reporting to client and all Clubs as required
- Competent to settle matters within delegated authority
- Offers per-file, per-hour, bulk and tailored fees to suit volume/complexity
- Can work in own name or as “white label” service using client systems
- Can hold, disburse and manage client funds, reporting as required
Thomas Miller Law
TM Law is a full-service marine and transport firm, offering ship owners, charterers, logistics operators and insurers a wealth of proven expertise, with a modern, efficient cost model.
- All P&I, FD&D, H&M and non-contentious marine work
- Entirely independent but can align services to Club and Member needs
- Can also be integrated into TMCM claims service and fee structure under delegated authority
You may also be interested in:
Hold Cleaning: the legal issues
The preparation of cargo holds for the next intended carriage is a critical operation which requires careful planning and execution; this article considers a number of legal issues which may arise, including terms commonly used in charterparties to describe the cleanliness of cargo holds, the consequences of failing to comply with such terms, potentially resulting in off-hire claims and damages, and the role of the independent surveyor.
Malaysian Detentions - March 2021
UK Club correspondents, Spica Services Malaysia, report that the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (MMEA) has in the last few days launched an operation named ‘Operation Jangkar Haram’, which translates to operation anchoring illegally.