Enhanced Safe Management Measures at PSA Singapore Terminals
Please find below and attached a Circular from the Port of Singapore Authority addressing the enhanced safe management measures at PSA Singapore terminals - Contactless (Segregated) Cargo Ops.
1. This circular supersedes CIRCULAR NO. SHD/G/01042021 dated 30 Apr 2021 with effect from 3 May 2021 and updates the safe management measures for contactless (segregated) cargo ops.
2. PSA Singapore will be enhancing safe measures at all its terminals with immediate effect in view of heightened risk of the spread of COVID-19 infection.
3. All vessels berthing at PSA Singapore Terminals must conduct contactless (segregated) cargo operations. This means that during cargo operations, the vessel crew are to stay within the accommodation area of the vessel and to avoid contact with the stevedores working on board the vessels. The details of the procedures for this operation is as shown in the list below.
4. In addition, all crew are required to comply and adopt safe measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection. Crew are to wear a mask at all times when outside the vessel’s accommodation, continue to practice good personal hygiene, maintain a safe distance of 2 metres from the stevedores, and minimise any contact with shore-based personnel.
5. By observing these enhanced Safe Management Measures, we hope to safeguard the health and safety of the vessel’s crew and our workforce.
6. Please inform the Master of vessels at least 48 hours before the vessels arrive in Singapore waters of this requirement.
7. Please continue with the Maritime declaration of health as this form part of the measures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) into Singapore. Please refer to MPA Port Marine Circular No.16 of 2020.
8. You may contact the respective Terminal Managers directly for further guidance.
The full circular can be downloaded below.