864 - 01/13 - California Unannounced Drills - USA
exercises will focus on the ability of the SMT to respond to an incident as outlined in the vessel's California Oil Spill Contingency Plan.Details of drills are as follows:
- The drill will be initiated by a CA OSPR Drill Coordinator who will board the ship and create a scenario requiring the SMT to be notified and activated.
- The Master will need to notify their QI via the 24 hour number and relay the details of the drill scenario, along with the contact name and number of the CA OSPR Drill Coordinator.
- The QI will make all notifications and activate/mobilize the SMT personnel as required.
- SMT personnel will mobilize on scene and respond to the scenario to complete the required CA OSPR objectives. No equipment will be deployed.
- Exercises may last up to 8 hours.
- All costs (except CA OSPR and USCG) for participation shall be the responsibility of the Planholder.
The full Objectives & Guidelines, issued by the OSPR can be found hereSource of Information:
California Department of Fish and Wildlife (DFW)http://www.dfg.ca.gov/ospr/