Targeting People Claims Seminar - 10th January 2018
The UK P&I Club recently hosted a People Claims Seminar, which was well attended by Club Members.
The evening seminar was hosted at the UK Club's London office on Wednesday 10th January, followed by a drinks reception for further discussion. The seminar covered a wide range of topics involving the Club's recent experience with crew claims, including, lifeboat and mooring incidents and the lessons learned, crew mental health, medical case management in the United States, and an update on Philippine crew claims issues. The Club also invited guest speaker, Adam Hickman of Maritime Repatriations Ltd, who shared his experience with medical repatriation of crew members from around the globe.
The seminar is an opportunity for the Club to share its expertise and knowledge in dealing with claims with our Members in an engaging and interactive way. If Members are interested in attending future UK Club events, please get in touch with your usual Club contact, or check our events calendar.
Speakers at the seminar included:
- John Turner, Senior Claims Director, UK P&I Club
- Tony Nicholson, Senior Claims Director, UK P&I Club
- Neil Beckwith, Senior Claims Executive, UK P&I Club
- Stephen Michaels, Senior Claims Executive, UK P&I Club
- Sophia Bullard, Crew Health Director, UK P&I Club
- George Devereese, Senior Loss Prevention Executive, UK P&I Club
- Adam Hickman, Maritime Repatriations Ltd
Copies of the presentations are available on request for Members, if you would like to receive an email link with the presentations please contact Karen Turner