Geollect Portal update
From the feedback from our Membership we have continued to evolve the Maritime Intelligence Portal. The portal is now based on a global map and shows the following:
- Major Maritime Shipping Routes
- Maritime incidents ( UKMTO & NGA)
- Geographic locations of our lessons learned page
- Miscellaneous reports ( reports from worldwide press and our correspondent’s network that have a direct effect on how our Members conduct their business)
- Updated US, UK & EU sanction
- Open source new scrapes on piracy, shipping and logistics incidents and stories of interest
- Major weather event tracking
- Major ports around the world with Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) scrape about the port
- Updated planning charts for all UKMTO Voluntary Reporting and HR Areas
All the other functionally from the previous iterations of the portal remains including being able to toggle the satellite imagery overlay on and thus have the ability to look at any port in the world down to a 30 cm resolution giving your ops department a real sense of where your vessels are being sent and the potential hazards they may face.
We have also engaged our partners Geollect in a number of claims by using the geospatial imagery analysis expertise to provide proof of innocence evidence as well as collaboration data. Again, this should serve as a reminder that the portal is there to be used by the Membership and any information you believe would be useful to see on the site we would welcome your feedback.You can access the Portal HERE:
Source UK P&I
You may also be interested in:
The Club’s correspondents, Hyopsung Surveyors & Adjusters Corporation, provides an update on recent designations of ECAs and low speed areas at five major ports in South Korea.