Ebola Outbreak Map - South American Ports
Measures taken by various Authorities in South and Central America.
- No special restrictions in force but just to look for medical assistance if EVD is suspected.
- Vessels reporting any call at ports from countries declared on alert for Ebola must go first to an anchorage special zone in order to be inspected by health authorities who will decide to put her in quarantine or allowing her berthing.
Port of Santos
- No specific measures have been taken by Authorities, but to report in general any transmittable disease on board.
- Failure to report is not only a violation of health regulations but also a criminal offence.
Port of Paranaguá
- Usual procedures for obtaining free pratique must be followed, but for vessels coming from West Africa/endemic areas, clearance is not granted until the vessel is surveyed by Health Authorities.
- Pilots do not board any vessel coming from affected countries until 21 days from departure of the last port of those places.
- A contingency plan has been issued by authorities, which is activated upon vessel’s reporting a suspicious EVD case on board.
- Agents must report to the Coast Guard any vessel bounded to Montevideo which has sailed from an African port in previous 20 days to arrival.
- Pilots do not board any vessel coming from the affected countries until 21 days from departure of the last port of those places.
- A protocol has been issued by health Authorities stating that all vessels coming from affected countries should be in surveyed by health border inspectors, either before piloting or at arrival to port in accordance to risks analysis.
- Master/Owners are suggested to get advice from Agents before arriving to the River Plate area.
Download the map in the link below:
20157 - Ebola_Outbreak_Map_South_America 158 KB
You may also be interested in:
Customs Fines in Senegal
In recent years, Customs fines in Dakar have become more frequent and more expensive
On 25 February 2023, the EU adopted its 10th package of sanctions against Russia
On 24 February 2023, the one year anniversary of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the US Department of State and the US Department of Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) imposed sanctions on numerous additional individuals, entities and vessels that the US has determined are engaged in sanctions evasions.
US - EPA Reminder of VGP Requirements
The Club would like to draw Members’ attention to Enforcement Alert #310F22002 issued by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in January 2023