- If a ship shall be entered in the names of or on behalf of more persons than one (hereinafter referred to as “Joint Owners”) the terms upon which each Joint Owner shall be entitled to recover losses from the Association and upon which the Association shall be entitled to recover Calls or Fixed Premiums from the Joint Owners shall be such as may be agreed in writing between the Joint Owners and the Managers.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Managers all Joint Owners shall be jointly and severally liable to pay all contributions or other sums due to the Association in respect of such entry, and the receipt by any one of such persons for any sums payable by the Association in respect of such entry shall be a sufficient discharge of the Association for the same.
- Failure by any Joint Owner to disclose material information within his knowledge shall be deemed to have been failure of all the Joint Owners.
- Conduct of any Joint Owner which would have entitled the Association to decline to indemnify him shall be deemed the conduct of all the Joint Owners.
- Unless the Managers have otherwise agreed in writing, the contents of any communication from or on behalf of the Association to any Joint Owner shall be deemed to be within the knowledge of all the Joint Owners, and any communication from any Joint Owner to the Association, the Managers or their agents shall be deemed to have been made with the full approval and authority of all the Joint Owners.
The cover afforded under this Rule shall extend only to risks, liabilities and expenses arising out of operations and/or activities customarily carried on by or at the risk and responsibility of Owners and which are within the scope of the cover afforded by the Rules and any special terms set out in the Certificate of Entry.