Regional Claims Director
T: +44 20 7204 2946
M: +44 7776 680 688
As the Regional Claims Director for the EMEA 2 syndicate, Tom has oversight of the P&I claims activity for the region. He is a solicitor and Master Mariner with a background as a shipping lawyer at major international law firms, where he handled litigation arising out of marine casualties, as well as the connected "dry" disputes under contracts of carriage. He handled cases from the initial casualty investigation through to proceeding in court or arbitration. Prior to that, Tom spent 4 years as a marine superintendent and 10 years at sea as a Deck Officer.
• Joined the UK Club in January 2020, Senior Claims Director from July 2020 and appointment Regional Claims Director in July 2021.
• Director of Thomas Miller.
• 8 years as a shipping lawyer investigating and handling collision, grounding, salvage, fire and explosion, general average, cargo claims and other marine disputes.
• 4 years as a marine superintendent as part of a team managing a fleet of 60 vessels worldwide.
• 10 years at sea as a Deck Officer operating worldwide, qualified Master Mariner and sailed as Chief Officer.
• Holds a Master's degree in law and an M.Sc. in Maritime Operations.
• Marine casualties, disputes of a technical nature and related claims under contracts of carriage.
• Represents the UK Club on the International Group (IG) sub-committee for Salvage & Wreck Removal.