UK Club Circular 12/21: Special General Meeting of the United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association Limited - Proposed Amendments to Rules
- A Special General Meeting of The United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association Limited will be held on 18th January 2022 in London.
- Papers for the meeting are enclosed.
- Completed proxy forms should be sent to the Secretary to arrive at least 48 hours before the meeting.
TO THE MEMBERS
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE UNITED KINGDOM MUTUAL STEAM SHIP ASSURANCE ASSOCIATION LIMITED - PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO RULES
Please find enclosed papers for a Special General Meeting of The United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association Limited (the “Company”) to be held in London on 18th January 2022 (the “Meeting”).
The purpose of the Meeting is to adopt amendments to the Rules of the Company (which are also the Rules of its subsidiary company UK P&I Club N.V).
The Notice of Meeting is attached.Details of the amendments and reasons for them are set out in Appendix A.
A proxy form and Schedule of Votes are enclosed in respect of the resolution contained in the Notice of Meeting.
Please note that completed proxy forms must reach the Club Secretariat no later than 48 hours before the Meeting.
THOMAS MILLER P&I LTD
For more information
Please contact Paul Sessions Tel: +44 (0)7881 510160 email: email@example.com
NOTICE OF A SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE UNITED KINGDOM MUTUAL
STEAM SHIP ASSURANCE ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of the Members of The United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association Limited will be held at 3pm onTuesday 18th January 2022 at the offices of Thomas Miller P&I Limited, 90 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 4ST for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, passing the resolution set out below:
- Proposed changes to the Rules of The United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association
Resolution 1 to propose:
“That with effect from 12 noon Greenwich MeanTime on 20th February 2022, the amendments to the Rules of The United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association contained in Appendix A, be and are hereby adopted”.
By Order of the Board
17th December 2021
- Under Article 9 only Members: (a) who are Members by reason of their position as Directors of the Company or who are Members by reason of their position as members of the Members’ Committee; or (b) who are entered in the Register of Members at least sixty days prior to the date of any general meeting of the Company shall be entitled to receive notice of and attend and vote (either in person or by proxy) at such Meeting.
- Articles 16A &16B require that in order for the proxy form to be valid it must be left with the Secretary or received not less than 48 hours before the Meeting.