- Insurance Cover
- Knowledge & Publications
- Loss Prevention
- About Us
Circular 22/12: Special General Meeting
- The Resolutions for consideration at the SGM on 22nd January 2013 (ref Circular 21/12) were passed.
TO THE MEMBERS
SPECIAL GENERAL MEETING REPORT
At the Special General Meeting held on 22nd January 2013 in Bermuda, the proposed amendments to the Rules and Bye-Laws of the UK (Bermuda) Club and the Rules and Articles of Association of the UK (Europe) Club were approved. The Resolutions as set out in the Notice of Meeting attached to Circular 21/12 were passed.
The amendments to the Rules of both UK (Bermuda) and UK (Europe) will come into effect at noon Greenwich Mean Time on 20th February 2013. The changes to the Bye-Laws of UK (Bermuda) and Articles of Association of UK (Europe) came into force with immediate effect.
THOMAS MILLER (BERMUDA) LTD.
• Members requiring further details should contact Dr. Chao Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org/+44 20 7204 2157)
Notice of a Special General Meeting of The United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association (Bermuda) Limited.
Notice is hereby given that a Special General Meeting of the Members of the United Kingdom Mutual Steam Ship Assurance Association (Bermuda) Limited will be held at 2.30 pm on Tuesday, 22nd January 2013 at the offices of Appleby, Canon's Court, 22 Victoria Street, Hamilton HM 12, Bermuda, for the purpose of considering and, if thought fit, passing the resolutions set out below:
1. Proposed changes to the Rules of UKB and UKE.
Resolution 1 to propose:
"That with effect from 12 noon Greenwich Mean Time on 20th February 2013, the amendments to the Rules of UKB and to the Rules of UKE contained in Appendix A, be and are hereby adopted".
2. Proposed changes to the Rules of UKB and the Rules of UKE, for the purpose of restructuring the Club.
Resolution 2 to propose:
"That with effect from 12 noon Greenwich Mean Time on 20th February 2013, the amendments to the Rules of UKB and the Rules of UKE contained in Appendix B, be and are hereby adopted".
3. Proposed changes to the Bye-Laws of UKB and Articles of Association of UKE, for the purpose of restructuring the Club.
Resolution 3 to propose:
"That with immediate effect the amendments to the Bye-Laws of UKB and Articles of Association of UKE contained in Appendix B, be and are hereby adopted".
By Order of the President
D W R Hunter
4th January 2013
1. A Member entitled to attend and vote at this Special General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and, on a poll, to vote in his place. A Form of Proxy is enclosed.
2. The Form of Proxy may be returned by email, fax or post to the Secretary at the address shown on the attached letter. To be valid the proxy must be received no later than 12 hours prior to the Meeting.
3. Appendix B is attached only to electronic versions of this Notice, but is published on the UK Club’s website at: