T: +44 20 7204 2147
M: +44 7887 822 688
Nigel joined Thomas Miller in 1981, working in a claims syndicate for members from Japan, Greece, Eastern Europe and the Middle East. He became a Director of Thomas Miller P&I in 1986, a Syndicate Manager in 1990, and was elected to the Thomas Miller partnership in 1994. Other areas of responsibility over the years have included UK Club's Rules and Bye-Laws, Environmental Liability, Claims Policy, recommendations on Club Policy in relation to numerous industry issues, Loss Prevention, Captive Reinsurance, and more recently the 2012/13 re-structuring of the UK Club.
He has been Deputy Chairman of the UK Club’s P&I management operation since September 2004.
Nigel represents the UK Club at IG Managers’ meetings, has served on many International Group (IG) sub-committees, and has represented the IG at many international meetings. He currently chairs the IG’s Ships' Standards subcommittee, Maritime Security sub-committee, and LNG working group. He is a former director of ITOPF and a current trustee of its pension scheme.
- Education: Philosophy (BA Hons 1st) 1973-77 King’s College, London; Philosophy & Jurisprudence (D. Phil studies)1978-81 Corpus Christi College, Oxford.
- Joined Thomas Miller in 1981
- Elected to the partnership in 1994
- Became Deputy Chairman of Thomas Miller P&I in 2004
- Director of ITOPF
- Chairman International Group Ships' Standard and Maritime Security sub-committees
- Japan and the Middle East