Senior Claims Director
T: +44 20 7204 2490
M: + 44 7920 467172
Lance joined Thomas Miller in August 1977 as a P&I claims handler. During his career he has worked extensively with Members based in the German, Greek, Turkish and South American markets. Lance has been a Senior Claims Director since 1997, he specialises in oil pollution and major casualty response, and speaks the Portuguese and Spanish languages.
Lance continues to hold responsibility for the Club’s long standing Brazilian business interests and relationships since 1985. This responsibility included a nine year spell working in the Club’s Miami office, where he enjoyed a period as office manager, and Lance has also overseen responsibility for the Club’s wider South American business interests for 20 years, until that office relocated to New Jersey in 2005.
- Education: Shipping Certificate, City of London Polytechnic College
- Business fluency in the Portuguese and Spanish languages
- South American legal, commercial, cultural, linguistic and business environment
- Oil pollution emergency response, governmental cooperation with related legal liability and litigation experience, in several jurisdictions notably Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Egypt and the United States
- Collision, Salvage, General Average and Wreck Removal
- Coral reef restoration