723 - 10/10 - Water Ballast Management - Turkey
We are advised no ships will be detained because of ballast water management deficiencies.
It is also required that all ships should fill in the ballast water reporting forms before entering port. The ships' agents will upload these forms to the Turkish Ballast Water Reporting Web System.
Ships are not going to be permitted to enter the ports without completing the ballast water reporting forms.
The following precautions are recommended to be taken by the ship's crew. They are for guidance purpose only and must not limit the precautions to be taken which may vary from vessel to vessel depending size, type, age, etc.
1. All Deck Scuppers to be plugged and secured.
2. Accommodation: All drain holes inside the accommodation including galley, pantry,
all shower rooms and toilets' drain holes to be closed and also all Gate Valves to be
Fresh Water supply to be limited to Designated Shower Rooms with Drainage to Sewage Tank.
3. If directly connected to sea then all Public Toilets' Washing Basins sealed, with Chief
Officer's signature on sealing tape.
4. All Laundry Rooms to be locked.
5. Crew meeting and instructions to be recorded.
6. All outlets to be checked periodically, to be sure that no discharge found, except
cooling outlets for M/E generators etc.
7. All outboard valves in Engine Room and Cargo Holds to be shut & sealed,
with Numerical Seals, which has to be broken when using those valves. Records for
changing of seals to be made available.
8. Ship Sanitary Tank Discharge valve to be locked.
9. Sewage/sanitary system to be closed. Ship sewage tank discharge valve to be closed
10. All direct overboard outgoing lines to be closed and sealed.
11. No cleaning/washing to be made at weather deck.
12. No painting to be made on decks etc.
13. All garbage secured.
14. Any other issue regarding dropping anything over board to be checked and to be
prevented as applicable
All the above to be recorded in Deck Log Book.
Local agents' recommendations (if any) regarding pollution prevention to be assessed and followed as applicable.
6014 - Bulletin 723 30 KB
6021 - 723 - CN 205 KB
6022 - 723 - Simp CN 215 KB