Chris joined Thomas Miller in March 2001, after a long seagoing career in all types of tankers.
Joined Shell Tankers in 1969 as cadet and sailed with them until 1977 rising to Second Officer, then joined Silver Line (V.Ships UK) and sailed in Chemical Tankers and LPG vessels.
From 1983 until December 2000 he served as master for V Ships in LPG, Chemical and Product carriers, including 1 special OBO.
Chris is a Fellow of the Nautical Institute and a qualified Lead Auditor for ISM.
- 1969 – joined Shell Tankers as Deck Cadet.
- 1977 – joined Silver Line as 2nd Officer in Chemical Tankers and rose to Chief Officer with them.
- 1983 – Transferred to V.Ships Monaco as Chief Officer in LPG vessels
- Served 11 years in V.Ships Norway in LPG and OBO, then moved to V.Ships USA prior to going ashore.
- 2001 – joined Thomas Miller as Ship Inspector.
- Professional Qualifications: Master Mariner and ISM Lead Auditor
- Extensive Loss Prevention experience of ships entered in the UK Club through ship visits program.
- Development of the new Risk Assessment program for entered ships