P&I国際グループは、昨年5名のP&I Qualificationプログラム修了者に奨学金を授与しました。2024年にはP&IQ受検希望者4名に奨学金を授与するとともに、 IG P&Iクラブのコレスポンデンツを対象として、さらに2名の受験希望者に奨学金を授与することとしました。応募締切りは2024年1月31日です。なお、奨学金の受給資格には基準が設けられております。
The International Group of P&I Clubs and The Education Committee are pleased to announce the scholarship application process is open to all who would like to take part in the highly successful P&I Qualification programme.
Last year, the Group's Education Committee awarded five scholarships to individuals to complete the P&IQ. We are pleased to announce that, in 2024, we will be awarding four scholarships to candidates who wish to study the programme. Two scholarships will be aimed specifically at employees of commercial correspondent companies named in the 2023/2024 published list of correspondents of at least one IG P&I Club, who would otherwise be unable to complete the course*. This support is an important recognition of how IG Clubs value their correspondent network worldwide.
The scholarship will provide electronic textbooks for all seven modules, meet all exam fees needed to complete the course and provide mentoring to successful candidates.
Scholarship eligibility criteria
- Ideally, have some experience within the maritime industry. In particular, we hope that the scholarship will offer those with less experienced a chance to learn more about the industry.
- Have a good standard of written and spoken English
- Be unable to meet course fees because of financial need
- Have achieved sufficient previous qualifications to evidence capacity for a more challenging qualification
- Demonstrate a desire to follow a career in the maritime industry
*For candidates working as commercial correspondents, when addressing the criteria to financial need, they should, in addition outline why their employer has not agreed to fund their participation.
To apply, candidates must send a letter, in English, detailing their current qualifications, work experience and setting out why they desire the scholarship / how they would put it to good use. Letters should be sent to – email@example.com
A letter of support from a current or former employer, or other sponsor/referee will be requested if a candidate is shortlisted.
The deadline for receipt of 2024 scholarship applications is 31st January 2024.