1121 - 11/16 - 窃盗事件の増加（中国、天津）
Following a rise in the amounts of attempts and thefts from vessels at anchor outside of Tianjin Port, the attached circular has been sent to the Club for the information of its Members.
The anchorage extends to 20 Nautical Miles from the entrance to the Port and as such, mobile phones may not have reception to report such incidents.
Vessels, disguised as fishermen, approach at night-time and gain access to the target vessel and rob the vessel of stores and valuables. The thieves are generally unarmed but to prevent these losses the following advice is given:
1. Close the covers of anchor chains after dropping anchor;
2. Turn on all deck lights and arrange cargo lights outboard at night;
3. Keep all stores that placed on deck and/or out of accommodation secured, keep watertight doors of accommodation locked from inside;
4. Necessary quantity of fire hoses to be connected with fire hydrant on deck;
5. O.O.W. shall keep proper lookout on bridge assisted by radar with guard rings set especially in foggy weather and night time, regular safe patrol in accommodation area and on deck to be carried out;
6. Keep mooring lines in store secured till the day of getting alongside;
7. Give warning of whistle signal, call master and make necessary action according to muster list in case suspected thieves boats are found alongside or very close to vessel.
The Coast Guard are aware of this increase and have not raised the Security Level at the Port of Tianjin. However, Members are advised to take prudent precautionary measures.Source of Information
Huatai Insurance Agency & Consultant Service Ltd.